Facts and Figures
Posted on 10th June 2015 by Dale Moon
If you hadn’t already heard (where have you been!), Elton John is performing LIVE from the Banks’s Stadium this Saturday (13th June) to an adoring crowd in their thousands.
Being the home of Walsall Football Club, the Banks’s is more accustomed to hosting sporting events than music concerts.
But with Sir Elton coming to town, we had to make it happen!
From an operational perspective, this week we’ve been invaded by hoards of construction staff, all working tirelessly to ensure the stage is set for the big event!
It’s been fascinating to see the transformation of the stadium so here are some facts and figures about the size of the job:
- The stage is huge – 66 metres wide and 18 metres deep
- Over 200 crew members will be involved in staging the concert throughout the week and the concert itself
- More than 750 meals will be served on site to the hungry crew
- 5,375 metres of power cable will be used which is enough cable to go around the perimeter of the Banks’s Stadium pitch 32 times
- 10,776 pieces of plastic flooring will be used to completely cover the pitch